Welcome to Maxx Family Life
Science Activities For Kids Article
This is a selection made from among articles on Science Activities For Kids. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
Summer Activities: Make Learning More Fun and Exciting for Kidsfrom: Maxx Family Life
The allure of summer -- kids have been dreaming about it since the first day of school. Summer promises days of care-free activities, but where to start?
Parents have many options to choose from. They could either let their children enjoy their summer with other kids in camps or take them along with family activities such as great road trips, family summer cruise or travels to another place or country.
There are activities good for learning. Children will never get bored doing a lot of things to keep them busy the whole summer. Parents should also take into consideration the interests and personality of their children so that the activities they are about to chose for them will be worthwhile.
* Starting a garden. Kids showing interests in plants can be taught how to build their own garden. The children, with your help, can join planting activities in your area such as adopting a plant. You can teach your children basic gardening tips.
* Watch drag racing contests. Sport minded children who love cars can watch drag racing contests with you. They will have the time to enjoy different varieties of wheeled vehicles such as motorcycles, snow machines, vintage automobiles and funny cars going on a contest undergoing elimination series.
* Visit museums. Your children can learn works associated with history, science and arts. Museums are the best location for knowing about the past, music, travel, artifacts, memorabilia, and artist’s works. Children who love arts and culture will definitely enjoy their visit and exploration.
* Waterfalls exploration. Children who love nature can visit waterfalls along with the entire family. It's a fun and exciting adventure incorporated with other activities such as swimming, diving, boating and rock climbing. The children can also learn the scientific explanation on how a waterfall is formed.
* Watch rodeos. Summer is the best time for rodeos. This form of entertainment has a rich history showing talents and skills in roping and riding. This is often a competition wherein prize money is being offered for top cowgirls and cowboys.
* Knot tying can be a fun and learning adventure for your children. Those children who love puzzles can learn the tricks on tying knots. This is a helpful technique used when fishing and boating. This is also a creative learning technique for cross stitching, sewing, knitting and even making jewelry crafts such as necklaces, bracelets, key tags and pins using synthetic materials resembling soft plastic.
* Fishing. This is a relaxing sport wherein it teaches kids essential values such as appreciation of nature, learning about life, methods of survival and the cycles of the environment.
* Kite flying. This is a thrilling summer activity enjoyed by many children. Making inexpensive kites with your children is more fun. The children can learn how to control the kites along with the flow of the wind. It could teach your child patience and the perseverance to be successful despite the difficulties.
* Camping fever. Camping is a summer activity which is good for adventurous kids. Only make sure of your safety before going on a trip to the woods.
* Going on a picnic. Children who love outdoor activities will enjoy backyard, beach or park picnics. They can be with other kids and learn how to socialize or how to get along with other people.
Try one of the summer activities listed above with your children. This is the best way of building stronger and stable relationships with them. Have fun and enjoy summer.
Science Activities For Kids News
Introducing science to kids: Fun activities and developmental milestones - WTOP
Introducing science to kids: Fun activities and developmental milestones
Other museums, like the National Children's Museum at National Harbor, the Playseum in Bethesda and the soon-to-be Children's Science Center planned for Herndon, offer other play-and-science-based activities for kids. Take a hike. As Ramey suggests ...
How Kids' Television Inspires a Lifelong Love of Science - Smithsonian
How Kids' Television Inspires a Lifelong Love of Science
But Trina Helfrich, a mother of two, has a vivid memory of the day her son Henry, who was around four, learned one of his first science and math lessons. The TV had been tuned to â€śSid the Science Kid,â€ť a show for children ages three to six. The theme ...
Coastal Bend summer activities for kids in 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller Times
Coastal Bend summer activities for kids in 2013
Corpus Christi Caller Times
SCIENCE CAMP: Taking registrations for Science Camp to be held June 26-Aug. 21 from 6-7 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 3115 Ocean Drive for children who have completed first through fifth grade for Bible lessons learned through science activities. Free.
Children's Summer Activities 2013 (UPDATED)
Parks series offers kids new perspective on science, how world works - StandardNet
Parks series offers kids new perspective on science, how world works
â€śThe kids always ask what day their favorite activities will be.â€ť Donna Finch, of Ogden, brought grandchildren Chase and Indie, ages 6 and 8. â€śIndie really likes science,â€ť Finch said. â€śWe came last year, too. We go park to park, so she can do ...
WASHTENAW COUNTY: With school out, parents look to summer day camp ... - Heritage Newspapers
WASHTENAW COUNTY: With school out, parents look to summer day camp ...
While the kids are celebrating the three months away from school, many parents have to figure out how to keep them busy during the work day. Luckily for these families, many ... Parkridge Community Center Day Camp, 591 Armstrong Drive: Day camp meets ...