Welcome to Maxx Family Life
Children Activities Article
Having Fun with Your Children Using Paper Bagsfrom: Maxx Family Life
Kids are little adventure seekers. They want adventures to have fun. These adventures can be as simple as playing, running, story telling, and the like.
One way to break a dull day with your kids is to join them in making accessories and toys and later on play with them. You can teach them how to make their toys so that they can enhance their creativity and potential in arts.
You can make simple toys such as silly hats made from paper bags. As much as possible make it colorful and interestingly kiddie in design and shape.
To make a kiddie hat from paper bags, follow these simple steps:
1. Gather the important materials. They include paper bags that will fit on your kids heads, construction paper, pair of scissors, a hole punch, ribbons, tape and other artsy add-ons like feathers and googly eyes.
2. Call the kids and explain to them the nature of the materials and the process of making hats.
3. Have them wear the paper bags. If necessary, pinch the brim and tape the sides to have a snug fit.
4. Lay the paper bags on the table. Let the kids design their own hats. You can guide them in the process. Googly eyes and feathers can be attached by using double-sided tape or glue. Flowers, butterflies, antennae and bears can also be added to make it the hats more colorful and lively.
Making silly hats is so easy that you can do it within an hour. The rest of your time can be spent in playing with your kids to strengthen your bond.
Another toy that you can make with your kids is the paper bag puppet. Ask your kids their favorite cartoon character or animal and help them in their puppets.
To make puppets out of paper bags, you simply follow these steps:
1. Collect the materials. They include paper bags, printer, construction paper, crayons, pair of scissors, glue, big wiggly eyes and other accessories that will boost their chosen character.
2. Print out their chosen character. You can have it in black and white. Paste the designs on the face of the paper bags.
3. Now, itís time to design the paper bags. Let the kids color their characters. Let them explore their creativity by making them choose the accessories they want for their puppets. Paste the eyes, lashes, fangs, nose and other facial features. Let them color the space on paper bags.
4. To make their puppets more appealing, they can attach hands, feet, ears, wings, tails and capes to the paper bags.
5. To secure a snug fit, tape the bottom of the paper bags to their wrists.
Now that their kiddie paper bag puppets are made, you can play with them by making up stories and letting your kids wiggle them every time their characterís talk. That way, you can broaden their imagination and creativity.
Aside from kiddie paper bag hats and kiddie paper bag puppets, there are lots of easy-to-create toys. You just have to know your childís favorites and broaden your imagination. From that note, you can pick up ideas on what to teach them next.
Quality time is necessary to build and nurture your relationship with your kids. This is the very reason why you have to do fun and exciting things together.
Children Activities News
Event highlights activities offered for children
Follow us on Facebook by clicking here ! About 50 youngsters enjoyed a variety of activities during Delray Beach 's recent Family Fun Day at Veterans Park.Read more...
A break from books: Activities for children, teens for the June holidays
May 24, 2013 10:40 AM Parents on a last-minute lookout for activities to occupy their young ones, take heart: Spaces for some June holiday programmes are still available. ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Read more...
Activities In More Than 22 Countries Around The Globe Will Remember Missing Children On May 25
ALEXANDRIA, Va., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) wants to remind the public that May 25 is National Missing Children's Day in the U.S. and International Missing Children's Day in many countries around the world.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†Activities held throughout the U.S. and around the globe will bring attention to and continue the search ...Read more...
Things to do Saturday
Celebrate De Pere: Live music, children's activities, car show, Christy's Run, parade, fireworks and more. http://celebratedepere.com.Read more...
Project ENGAGE: Every child deserves a chance to participate in activities
Studies continue to show that children who are engaged in extra-curricular activities do better in school, have a lower dropout rate, are less likely to smoke or do drugs and become productive...Read more...