Welcome to Maxx Family Life
Christian Activities For Children On Serving Others Article
This is a selection made from among articles on Christian Activities For Children On Serving Others. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
Having Fun with Your Children Using Paper Bagsfrom: Maxx Family Life
Kids are little adventure seekers. They want adventures to have fun. These adventures can be as simple as playing, running, story telling, and the like.
One way to break a dull day with your kids is to join them in making accessories and toys and later on play with them. You can teach them how to make their toys so that they can enhance their creativity and potential in arts.
You can make simple toys such as silly hats made from paper bags. As much as possible make it colorful and interestingly kiddie in design and shape.
To make a kiddie hat from paper bags, follow these simple steps:
1. Gather the important materials. They include paper bags that will fit on your kids heads, construction paper, pair of scissors, a hole punch, ribbons, tape and other artsy add-ons like feathers and googly eyes.
2. Call the kids and explain to them the nature of the materials and the process of making hats.
3. Have them wear the paper bags. If necessary, pinch the brim and tape the sides to have a snug fit.
4. Lay the paper bags on the table. Let the kids design their own hats. You can guide them in the process. Googly eyes and feathers can be attached by using double-sided tape or glue. Flowers, butterflies, antennae and bears can also be added to make it the hats more colorful and lively.
Making silly hats is so easy that you can do it within an hour. The rest of your time can be spent in playing with your kids to strengthen your bond.
Another toy that you can make with your kids is the paper bag puppet. Ask your kids their favorite cartoon character or animal and help them in their puppets.
To make puppets out of paper bags, you simply follow these steps:
1. Collect the materials. They include paper bags, printer, construction paper, crayons, pair of scissors, glue, big wiggly eyes and other accessories that will boost their chosen character.
2. Print out their chosen character. You can have it in black and white. Paste the designs on the face of the paper bags.
3. Now, itís time to design the paper bags. Let the kids color their characters. Let them explore their creativity by making them choose the accessories they want for their puppets. Paste the eyes, lashes, fangs, nose and other facial features. Let them color the space on paper bags.
4. To make their puppets more appealing, they can attach hands, feet, ears, wings, tails and capes to the paper bags.
5. To secure a snug fit, tape the bottom of the paper bags to their wrists.
Now that their kiddie paper bag puppets are made, you can play with them by making up stories and letting your kids wiggle them every time their characterís talk. That way, you can broaden their imagination and creativity.
Aside from kiddie paper bag hats and kiddie paper bag puppets, there are lots of easy-to-create toys. You just have to know your childís favorites and broaden your imagination. From that note, you can pick up ideas on what to teach them next.
Quality time is necessary to build and nurture your relationship with your kids. This is the very reason why you have to do fun and exciting things together.
Christian Activities For Children On Serving Others News
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:49 pm | Updated: 5:47 pm, Tue May 21, 2013. JAMS SUMMER CONCERT SERIES: Abingdon Market Pavilion each Thursday. Concerts will start 6:30 p.m. and are free to the public. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets.Read more...
How can you help? Wish list from nonprofit organizations, May 19
Following is a wish list of items and volunteer opportunities from nonprofit organizations in Racine County. They were provided by local nonprofit organizations.Read more...
Government of Canada Stands Up for Families of Victims
Today, the Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of Industry and Minister of State , spoke about the Government of Canada's ongoing commitment to addressing the needs of victims of crime at a symposium ...Read more...
Submit your event at least two weeks in advance by going to events.savannahnow.com. You can also mail to Community Calendar, P.O. Box 1088, Savannah, GA 31402. Announcements are printed daily in the Accent section as space allows.Read more...
Check out the many groups in the calendar
ABINGDON AREA NEWCOMERS CLUB: Abingdon, 361 West Main St., Abingdon Baptist Church, third Wednesday of each month 10 a.m. September through May. Guests from the area are welcome. Club has programs most months and sponsors numerous activities and special interests. For information, 276-619-4692.Read more...